Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

How This Came About

My two children are adopted. My son is from Guatemala and my daughter is from Colombia. My husband, although not adopted, was born in Poland and came to the United States as a child. Therefore, I have a lot of new cooking to do.

As many of my close friends and family members know, I cannot cook. I have trouble making sunny side up eggs. So to incorporate my families' foods I needed help and I still do.

I have ordered several cookbooks regarding Guatemalan, Colombian and Polish cooking. I am posting the recipes here and I am also posting how I cooked it and how it tastes. Either someone may want to write down the recipe for their own use or help me effectively execute my endeavors.

Please feedback is necessary to successfully complete my dinners!!!! FYI -- I will be cooking one ethnic dish a week and my mom -- who is a great cook -- will be helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment